Profiles and memories of people working for and in the surroundings of the Henckel von Donnersmarck family in Nakło Śląskie.
Organisers: the Silesian Culture Centre in Nakło Śląskie, Friends Society of Naklo
Honorary patronage: Marshal of the Silesian Voivodeship Jakub Chełstowski, Governor of the Tarnowskie Góry County Krystyna Kosmala
The project was co-financed by the Self-Government of the Śląskie Voivodeship.
ABOUT THE EXHIBITION
The palace servants and other employees of aristocratic families are usually not the subjects of historical research, which is a pity, because their stories can be very captivating and provide a lot of fascinating information about court life. Thanks to this exhibition, the modest knowledge of the functioning of the palace in Nakło Śląskie has been supplemented with a lot of valuable, sometimes anecdotal information. Moreover, the memory of the people and their sometimes sad or complicated fates during the Second World War or post-war period has been evoked. In view of the natural passing away of direct witnesses of these events, or their descendants, this is practically the last moment to preserve and record their memories, which are a great source of historical information.
The “Meeting after years” consists of 44 display boards with photographs and biographies, including a kind of “portrait” of pre-war Nakło. The exhibition is divided into 4 sections:
- Nakło Śląskie – the most important institutions of pre-war Nakło: the church, the St Lazarus Institution, the fire brigade, the police
- The palace – the characteristics of the palace, biographical notes of the palace servants
- The estate and the household – overview, biographies of the employees
- At cousins – overview of other manors, biographies.
In this form, the exhibition will be shown until mid-February 2021, after which much of it will become a permanent exhibition.
Introduction to the exhibition by Arkadiusza Kuzio-Podrucki , PhD
Introduction to the exhibition and behind-the-scenes material – Stanisław Zając, PhD, director of the Silesian Culture Centre
The organisers would like to express their heartfelt thanks to all of those who decided to cooperate, found the time and inclination to contact the Centre and share their knowledge, photos, and documents of their relatives or friends.
- Originator and coordinator: Barbara Bereska
- Cooperation and editing: Renata Głuszek
- Historical consultation: Dr Arkadiusz Kuzio-Podrucki
- Development of photographs and graphic design of display boards: Magdalena Zaton-Mikołajczak